Tuesday, August 28, 2007

unjury ululations: day 7

216.8

Okay. I have a New Favorite Thing: Unjury.

I ordered some before I left for Mexico, having been sorely disappointed with the selection I picked up at GNC for testing. Unjury was highly and broadly recommended on one of the forums I have been reading for information, so I decided to take a chance and order some.

This morning, I took it out of the box, opened the lid, and smelled it. It smells pleasant, like malted milk powder. Then, I made my first Unjury protein shake: 1 small 6 oz. juice box, about 8 frozen strawberries, a heaping tablespoon of Splenda, and a scoop of unflavored Unjury. Total calories: 211

My blender is superpowerful, so the result came out at about the consistency of whipped cream, not a smoothie consistency. However, it is delicious. I don't mean, "oh, its tolerable," I mean, "its really yummy!" It tastes a little bit like a malted strawberry milkshake. It made so much, though. Only half of it went in my travel tumbler; the rest went in a glass and into the fridge. I have not even conquered 2/3 of the tumbler since starting on it two hours ago, but that's okay. I will finish it before lunch and then have the rest after supper tonight.

I do think that next time I ought to make the smoothie first, then gently stir in the Unjury to prevent the frothing from happening.

Today's menu: 1 very large strawberry and unflavored Unjury shake (211 cals), 1/2 cup well-pureed Indian corn chowder from Whole Foods (90 cals), 1 Dannon Light 'n' Fit strawberry and banana smoothie (70 cals), 1/2 cup homemade black bean soup (125 cals) with 1 Tbsp reduced fat sour cream (20 cals). Total: 516 calories.

No comments: