Saturday, August 18, 2007

i cheated: 4 days to go

223.6

Yes, I cheated. Yesterday I had 1 Slimfast, half of a terrible Spiru-tein, another half-jar of Splenda-ed sweet baby gherkins, 2 sugar-free popsicles and... a chargrilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat with lettuce, tomato, and mustard from Chick-fil-A!

However, I still managed to stay under 600 calories for the day, so I don't feel too terrible. The Chick-fil-A sandwich clocks in at 270 calories, and given that:

Slimfast: 190
1/2 Spiru-tein: 90
baby gherkins: 0
2 popsicles: 30
chicken sandwich: 270

total: 580

I refuse to feel bad. I think the liquids are for simplicity, and to clean out your system a little. I think cheating with a very, very lean protein like a grilled chicken sandwich is probably the best "cheat" I could have come up with.

In any case, I'm still losing at an astonishing rate. Once my intestines are thoroughly emptied, it should slow down. But I'm pleased; 3 days of liquid diet completed and I've lost 5.4 lbs. That's very close to halfway there. I reported 229.2 on my paperwork to the doc, so really I'm down 5.6 lbs by their records. If I get a couple more under my belt (out from under my belt? heh), then I'll be pleased.

Today I have a party/barbeque to go to. A friend of mine is celebrating a very big accomplishment and so I can't really just bow out. But there will be yummy foods galore, and I am nervous about my ability to withstand. At least, several of my friends who will be there know that I'm on this ridiculous pre-op diet and so just the fact that they will notice if I do something naughty will help restrain me. And, of course, having M there.

I am bringing a big tupperware of pickles and a protein shake. And as much willpower as I can muster.

In reality, I have only three and a half more days of this torture. I have today, Sunday, and Monday. Tuesday we leave for Tijuana, and I have to fast that morning. Once I get to OCC, I will do pre-op testing (including a weigh-in to determine if I've lost the prescribed weight) and then be released, and even though its not recommended, you better believe I will be having a real dinner that night. Oh yes I will.

2 comments:

Darragha! said...

Pickles? If you were banded in August, 2007, and you ate a chicken sandwich, you must be healing quite rapidly. Good show!

9/19 is my day!

Darr

Mae said...

Hey Darragha!

Actually, I'm getting banded on the 22nd, which is this coming Wednesday. I am doing the mercilessly cruel pre-op liquid diet right now. So I have been cheating on that.