Wednesday, August 29, 2007

day 8

215.4

Wow, another 1.4 lb loss; total loss so far of 13.6 lbs! I know in my heart of hearts that at least some of that, if not most, is fluid loss, as the swelling from my surgery goes down. I also know that without any solid food in my diet, that I'll gain back a couple pounds of intestinal weight once I do start eating solids. But, for now, I love getting on the scale in the morning and seeing a significantly lower number. Its thrilling, when for so many long years, the opposite has almost always been the case!

Yesterday, I didn't even get to 516 calories. I never got around to that midafternoon yogurt, since lunch was so disgusting and made me nauseous all afternoon. I can't believe it, since I normally love corn chowder, and have even had the Whole Foods version before! But it was a gelatinous blob of corn yuck, and I do have a bit of a texture issue with things like that. I just couldn't finish it. So yesterday I ended up 466. Okay, but not ideal.

Today's menu: 1 Unjury unflavored protein (80 cals) shake made with a juice box (100 cals), about 2/3 cup frozen blueberries (55 cals), and a heaping tablespoon of Splenda (0 cals) for breakfast. 1/2 cup tomato soup (43 cals) with 1 tablespoon tomato-basil feta (23 cals) for lunch. 1 Dannon Light 'n' Fit strawberry and banana smoothie for an afternoon snack (70 cals). 1/2 cup pureed split pea soup (95 cals) and 2 tablespoons shredded extra sharp Cracker Barrel cheese (60 cals). Total for the day: 526 cals

Today is Wednesday. Tomorrow night, Thursday, M is taking me out on a much-anticipated Big Date that he has been planning to lift my spirits after my surgery. We are going to Brio, which is where we went for our first date! They have a lobster bisque that I adore, making it a good choice right now while I'm still recovering. I have a pretty blue dress that I haven't had a chance to wear yet, and some cute white sandals. I bought both of them for our trip to Jamaica in November but I think they deserve a night out on the town.

Then, Friday night is our last night before we leave to go visit M's parents and siblings. We have to take our dog up to my sister's that night, as well as do a lot of packing. So tonight I have lots of laundry and cleaning to do. I hate leaving the house a mess, and coming back after a week of vacation to a dirty house!

I can't lie; I am dreading the plane trip on Saturday a little. It will be only a week and a day after my last, and very traumatizing, plane trip. Ah, well, it can't be helped. Part of me, too, doesn't really want to spend a week with my almost-in-laws. But M really does, and I want to be with M. I just wish I could do that, and spend a week in pajamas, reading and playing Zelda on the Wii. Now that's a vacation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mae,
I've read all your posts- I'm having surgery on Sep 5th and having a starting weight similar to yours. Keep Posting- I want to know what's in my future!
Sarah

Mae said...

Cool, Sarah! Glad you have you reading. It'll be fun to compare notes once you get started, too!

Mae said...

Cool, Sarah! Glad you have you reading. It'll be fun to compare notes once you get started, too!

Anonymous said...

Mae,
Thank you for documenting everyday so detailed. I really appreciate it. I am having my surgery on Sept. 3 at OCC. I am so scared. Your posts even made me a bit more nervous, I think. Is it worth it? I have second thought every minunte of the day! :) Ha!
Stephanie

Mae said...

Stephanie-

I am sure you are nervous and having second thoughts, because I was too! Right up until I walked into the OR!

And, the nausea problem I had was pretty unusual and specific to me.

I would totally do it again. I have no regrets. It was worth every penny-- and then some!