Wednesday, August 15, 2007

shakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner: 7 days to go

229.0

Seems that my "last meal" mentality has dinged me for a couple pounds upward. I'm hoping that a week of 600 calories a day of shakes will remedy that. I am supposed to be down to 217 by the end of the week. Eep!

This morning I got up, ran for 30 minutes and then walked with M and our dog for another 30 minutes. Then, some fiber tablets and a Slimfast. Tonight I'm going to hit the GNC and start testing out some protein shakes; for today, though, what I have in the fridge at home (basically what I survived on for all of July) is a stack of chocolate Slimfasts.

For lunch? A Slimfast! And dinner's menu is even more enticing: another delicious Slimfast!

Actually, I also have salad greens, calorie-free Wishbone Spritzers dressing, and sugar-free popsicles awaiting me at home for supper. I figure at least chewing something will be more enjoyable than just another shake.

I am having trouble with my Big Check, though. Even though it was deposited yesterday, and the funds have shown up in my account according to my online access, I went to the bank this morning to get a cashier's check and was told the funds hadn't been processed from the original bank yet. There are several methods I can use to pay for the balance of my surgery, but I was supposed to get this done a week or more before my surgery. Since I picked a date that was really close (exactly two weeks away when I scheduled it) so that M could be there with me, I had to take some time first to get that check from another account. So its not a matter of not being prepared, just that everything has taken longer than I anticipated.

I have an email out to the patient coordinator at OCC. Hopefully she will let me know what my options are for dealing with this in a way that will satisfy them.

No comments: