Sunday, August 19, 2007

rewards

M decided to plan a special date for a week after my surgery so I'd have something to look forward to. I was so thrilled by his suggestion! He wants to take me back to Brio, where we had our first date, so I can have some lobster bisque for my first day on full liquids. Right now, I'm still trapped in pre-op diet three-Slimfasts-day-and-nothing-else-oh-god-I'm-STARVING hell so the idea, having something to look forward to, is really working for me.

So I decided to think up a few things that I would also like to do or accomplish when I get to my goal weight. In no particular order:

1. Get married-- in a dress that is not a plus-size.
2. Run a 10-minute mile (a feat not accomplishable since my high school days).
3. Buy some knee-high boots (I have wickedly fat calves).
4. Buy some super-cute dresses that are not designed to cover me up.
5. Wear a bathing suit without a skirt with no shame.
6. Run a half-marathon.
7. Be light enough so that M can pick me up *wink, wink*.
8. Be unashamed to tell M-- or anyone else-- my actual weight.
9. Be confident enough to sign up for classes like dance, spinning, etc.
10. Be able to share clothes with my sister and friends.
11. Post impressive before and after shots.
12. Be comfortable being photographed.
13. Be able to order dessert in a restaurant without being embarassed.
14. Be able to try clothes on in stores without being embarassed about the sizes I'm pulling.

3 comments:

Darragha! said...

Oh, man...I hear you. I'd love to wear cute clothes again. I haven't been cute in nearly 30 years. Voluptuous, yes. Cute, no. Love that dress you linked to.

I can see a day in my future where I don't have to wear shirts on the outside of my pants.

Oh, my.

Mae said...

Girls can dream! I fully expect to be allowed a shopping bender once I reach goal.

Darragha! said...

I asked a friend to take me to Little Punjab across the border in BC in about 6 months. I love East Indian-style women's wear, and dammit...I'm going to buy a couple sets when I'm down some poundage.

I began my "personal pre-op diet" on August 1st so that when I saw the doctor on 8/9, I could say, "Hey, dude! I've already lost weight because I'm serious about making this work!" I lost 4lbs by the time I met him on the 9th and have lost 12lbs total. He told me I had to lose 20-25 lbs before the surgery. I have one more month and 12 pounds to go.

Keep the faith of the band, Mae!

Darr