Monday, August 20, 2007

serious counting down begins: 2 days to go

221.8

Wow, that's frustrating. Another day of misery and hunger pangs, and I lost 0.2 lbs. Well, I'm down a total of 7.4 lbs out of 12. It doesn't look like I'll hit 10 lbs total. Maybe 8.

I did cheat last night. I had about 300 calories-worth of a chicken, shrimp, and scallop paella I prepared from a frozen mix, which I augmented with some chicken, shrimp and frozen veggies from my freezer. I really had a miniscule little portion and very minimal rice-- I guess my stomach has shrunk over the last week-- but I was just giddy from the real food in my belly.

I paid for it this morning. I'm going to have to try very hard to do all of today on sheer liquids so I have the best weigh-in possible tomorrow at the clinic.

I haven't even begun to pack. I was busy yesterday doing some actual work, and still people at the office are pissed at me today. I'm having surgery, people. Cut me some freaking slack. I narrowly escaped a teary breakdown in a superior's office just now, because I whipped out the surgery card, and he got uncomfortable and agreed to discuss it later. The project he's all antsy about-- which is almost completed and due to go out the door Wednesday morning-- isn't even completed (he's checking my work right now). And he wants to do a post-mortem. Its not even done!

I didn't even get my well-deserved pedicure yesterday. Poor me.

No comments: