Tuesday, February 5, 2008

mo' food bloggin'

breakfast:
1 cup coffee with 2 Tbsp sugar-free french vanilla Coffeemate - 30
1 Quaker strawberry cereal bar - 130

lunch:
1 Lean Cuisine garlic chicken stir-fry (with 2 veggie servings, and I didn't finish it) - 290
1 cup fresh cherries - 74

snack:
1 banana - 105
1 1.15-oz. packet natural peanut butter - 180

dinner:
1 10" flour tortilla - 110
2 oz. lowfat 2% milk Mexican shredded cheese - 162
1/4 black beans - 50
1/2 cup shredded chicken breast, with jerk seasoning - 115
2 tbsp lowfat sour cream - 40

total food calories: 1,286
total exercise burned calories: 506
basal metabolic rate: 1,744
caloric deficit for the day: 964

This morning I ran a 1.5-mile loop in my 'hood twice. Its a fun route that I have just put together. Basically it mashes together two shorter loops I've used for runs and walks, but its a great mashup. It combines several long, steady downhills with long, steady uphills, and two short but painful uphills. Its a great hilly workout with good balance, that is a challenge to endurance (long slow uphills) but exhilarating on the downhills, since I can pick up the pace for fun and a challenge. I will be doing that one regularly, I can tell.

No comments: