Tuesday, November 6, 2007

welcome to my life, restriction

I can't believe it, I am really, actually feeling restriction!

Last night I was super-hungry, since I had to work late and didn't sit down to eat until 8:00 p.m. I met my fiancee at a casual restaurant we both love and patronize regularly. Normally I can eat half a basket of chips with guacamole or cheese dip (I know, horrifying, right?-- but I don't always get the chips) and then two fish tacos. The fish taco is two strips of lightly breaded tilapia in a soft taco shell, with a little bit of jalapeno dressing on it. Well, last night we skipped the chips for both our sakes', and I ordered my two tacos per usual.

I could only manage, even with small bites, thorough chewing, and deliberate slowness, to eat one! And I was very full! And thrilled!

I am so excited. This makes me really happy.

Yesterday morning I had a really gross sliming episode with half a biscuit, so this morning I stuck to my Unjury and coffee. Now that I am really, truly restricted, I will spend more time focusing on getting lots of protein in.

breakfast
1 scoop of chocolate-flavored Unjury in 12 oz. of coffee - 100 cals, 20 g of protein

lunch
8 small pieces California roll sushi - 300 cals, 8 g of protein

snack
1 Weight Watchers fat-free yogurt - 100 cals, 6 g of protein

dinner
2 oz. grilled salmon with 2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce - 119 cals, 12 g of protein
1/4 cup Green Giant steamed broccoli and carrots with garlic and herbs - 10 cals, 0 g protein
1/4 cup Far East Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil couscous - 55 cals, 2 g protein

total
684 calories
48 grams of protein

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Mae,
Hey- I'm glad you have decent restriction! That was a pretty big fill you got! I'm going back today for a second fill- my first worked great for a week and then tapered off!

Mae said...

Hi Sarah!

Haha, yeah, that seems like it should be an awfully big fill. I am a little amazed that it took 3.2 cc's in my 4 cc band for me to feel anything. But, I am not complaining as I seem to be at a good place for now.

I barely got down my tiny piece of salmon, 2 spoonfuls of cous-cous and 1 forkfull of broccoli and carrots last night! Amazing!