Thursday, November 15, 2007

slowly but surely

217.0

Yup.

I seem to swing wildly from extreme-to-extreme. Tuesday was a three-bite lunch of fairly innocuous food, followed by a hearty PB. Last night, the same at supper time. Today at lunch? I managed 90% of a shredded chicken barbeque sandwich (eaten with a fork inside-out) and a peanut butter cookie (awful, I know).

What the heck?

But, I am still losing. I am definitely cutting down on total intake so I'm not complaining, just wondering, how my tolerance for the exact same foods-- for example, chicken breast-- can vary day by day and sometimes hour by hour.

It seems like lunch is my big meal now. I can manage more at lunch than I can at breakfast and supper combined, it seems. Oatmeal has become my standard morning meal: I like the Quaker low-sugar maple and brown sugar packets. 120 calories, not too shabby. I need to concentrate more on protein than I have been, but I'm not naturally inclined to a sit down to a plate of meat, so I am still working on that aspect.

I don't think I'll make it under 200 by the end of the year though; the end of November is creeping up awful fast.

No comments: