Tuesday, November 13, 2007

218.8

Well, I had my second fill just over a week ago now, and it has worked! I mostly am eating about half or a third of what I could normally manage. Sunday night for supper we went to Mellow Mushroom Pizza and I managed slightly less than one piece of pizza! Seriously!

Today for lunch we went to Whole Foods and I got a big spoonful of veggie lasagna, a garlic bread knot, five brussel sprouts, and a piece of lemon chicken. I ate three small bites of chicken, two small bites of lasagna, one brussel sprout and I was full.

Lest you think it is easy, I am still hungry between meals. Sometimes it is minor and I hardly notice, and sometimes my tummy gurgles, growls and snarls audibly, and it embarasses me.

I'm not allowed to drink with my meals, which is harder than you'd think. The longer I wait to start drinking (water, tea, coffee) after a meal, the longer I can go before getting hungry again. So I'm really thirsty alot and haven't quite licked that problem-- I tend to try to pound 4 cups of water a half hour or so before I eat, but sometimes I'm busy and its hard to remember or get it all down.

Also, the naughtiest foods go down the easiest and sometimes I get tired of everything being hard to eat-- I have to chew alot-- and just want full-sugar latte or milkshake that will just slide on down with no complaints. Chocolate still melts in my mouth and has no trouble sneaking past the band like a burglar in the night.

Last night we had a Girl's Night Out, we went to a salsa dance class and then to a local tapas restaurant, Eclipse di Luna. The other girls ordered a pitcher of sangria for the table, knowing that I would, as usualy, dive right in. And damned if I didn't want that sangria so badly that I drank it with my meal-- meaning I ate more than I could have if I hadn't been drinking. But I still ate less than normal.

This morning I made some homemade oatmeal, a half-serving of a recipe I used to use a lot. It went down fine and kept me happy until lunch.

3/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
2 Tbsp finely diced dried apple*
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 and 1/2 to 2 Tbsp Splenda
1/4 tsp salt
1 and 1/4 cup to 1 and 1/2 cup water

1. Combine dry ingredients and store in a Ziploc or other air-tight container if using later.
2. When ready to prepare oatmeal, measure out water into a cereal bowl or extra-large mug. For thicker oatmeal, I use about 1 and 1/4 cup of water.
3. Add well-mixed dry ingredients to water and stir in.
4. Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Stir and eat!

* My local Farmer’s Market sells bags of these, cut into little cubes, for way cheaper than the regular grocery store. I stock up when I go there.

M and I really need to go grocery shopping, maybe tonight. I will get some eggs and try to make myself eat them. Really.

No comments: