Friday, October 19, 2007

observations

219.4

1) My hair is falling out. I can no longer deny it. Every time I run my fingers through my hair, I pull out wispy handfuls, an amount that would be equal to what I'd pull out of my hairbrush on a regular morning. My hair is fine, but I have a lot of it. Its also long, about to to the top of the band of my bra in back, and I am afraid I'm going to have to cut it if it thins out considerably.

2) My nausea setpoint is a lot higher since getting the band. I thought, at first, that it was the after effects of the anaesthesia or drinking tons of milk during the protein shake stage, but I am now eight and a half weeks out, and my protein shake intake is no longer a daily occurence. Its not that I walk around nauseated all the time, but now it seems like bad smells, or being tired and hungry make me more nauseated than they used to. And now, I am much more likely to involuntarily heave (though I haven't thrown up since the day after surgery) when I feel nauseated.

3) My first fill (!!!) is tomorrow. I'm offically down 9.8 lbs since the very beginning of this journey, but 6.6 lbs up from my lowest liquid-diet weigh-in. I am hoping that my fill tomorrow will help me keep going in the proper direction. I want to be under 200 by the end of the year. That's essentially 10 weeks (and change), so I need to lose 2 lbs a week to do it. I think I can. Then, after that, there are 12 more weeks until my wedding, and I'd like to lose another 18 in that period: 1.5 lbs per week. Ah, to be in the low 180's! It has been longer than 5 years, probably closer to 7, since I weighed that much.

1 comment:

Kittuns said...

Everyone loses between 40 & 120 strands a day, depending on how much hair you have, your age & your hair's growth cycle. People with fine hair tend to have more of it & therefore will lose more of it than their thicker-haired sisters & brothers. Your hair also thins as you get older, particularly after menopause for women, but the thinning will stop & not continue as it will for men.

Here are common causes of hair loss:
1. Seasonality. You'll lose the most hair in the fall -- typically November and December when hair reaches maturity in its growth cycle.
2. Diet.
3. Pregnancy .
4. Illness Sometimes it happens as a result of illness. Even stress, excessive weight loss, iron deficiency & thyroid problems can cause hair loss.

Could be a lot of things causing your hair loss. You were recently ill, had surgery and changed your diet. I'd say those are better reasons than female-pattern baldness.

Congrats on your fill! I'm happy to see that you were able to feel the restriction while eating the biscuit. I've heard it's all about finding the right amount of fill for optimal weightloss, not filling so you never eat again.