Tuesday, January 22, 2008

still don't have a new scale

But I am not caring right now.

I was supposed to run 4 miles with Galloway on Saturday, but I overslept, thanks to a loud snorer who chased me to the couch in the middle of the night. I was really frustrated with myself but I got up Sunday morning and hit the gym (we had snow and ice on the ground, plus temperatures around 3 degrees with the windchill) and ran 4 miles, using the Nike+ workout I downloaded about a week ago, Kara Goucher's Endurance Run (or something like that). It was actually really, really good and fun-- encouraging me to run four 4-minute intervals at a very fast pace, broken up by four4-minute recovery intervals. Since there isn't much of a difference between my "fast" and "recovery" paces, I would do the fast past for 4 minutes, then a minute of a brisk walk, then 3 minutes at my "slow" pace. I still felt like I got a rockin' good workout.

I also slipped on a patch of ice coming out of the gym and came down hard on my right knee. Ouch. Its not majorly hurt, just a little. Its sore and swollen. I have been taking it easy. I could probably have run this morning (two days later) but the stiffness is most noticeable first thing in the morning and I was being kind of a wimp about it.

No comments: