Monday, January 14, 2008

my scale sux

Okay.

I am not posting a weight today because I think my scale might have had it.

I stepped on it this morning-- in the exact same position it is always in on the floor-- with my glasses on. I normally weigh myself post-run, pre-shower naked, and usually without my glasses. I wait for the thing to beep and then gracefully (heh) lean down really close to read the result. Yeah.

So this morning (I don't know why) I kept my glasses on and noticed that the scale vacillated wildly about 20 lbs in both directions before settling on a (disturbingly high) weight. Hmm. It wasn't doing that a few weeks ago when I had contacts in. I think maybe its about done in? Or am I just trying to blame my lack of weight loss on my poor, abused scale?

Its not that old, either, maybe 4 or 5 years old, but I did get it at Target. Its one of those jobbers with the metal plates to calculate body fat percentage.

However, running goals are sailing along nicely. Six runs so far in January with the goal of completing nine more before the end of the month. It was ridiculously cold this morning (mid-20's and really windy) and because of last week's unseasonably mild temps, I bee-bopped outside this morning in just knee-legth pants and a long-sleeved wicking tee, thinking that was all I would need. So I suffered for three miles but I guess that'll learn me. I have plotted several courses of small loops that go past my house so most of my runs right now are two loops, giving me a chance to shed clothing mid-run if I need to. So, it makes sense maybe to over-bundle rather than under-bundle, since I get warmer as the run progresses.

Man, I feel so good when I am in the running zone. So good. I can only imagine that those running endorphins will feel even awesomer as I lose some weight, and I'm faster and fitter.

Saturday I was so tight. I don't know if it was from the run, or what. I could hardly choke a thing down all day, and then Sunday I was ravenous and loose. I ate a lot. Today I seem to be pretty normal and am striving for a little self-control.

1 comment:

Kittuns said...

I borked my scale, too. It is just one of the spring-loaded types that was $10 at Target. Not very accurate. If I do want an accurate reading, I go to one Bed Bath and Beyond or Linens and Things and use their scales.