Thursday, September 13, 2007

i'm still alive: day 23

217.0

Ouch, ouch, ouch. Gained 4 lbs since I have started eating solid foods. I know that at least some of that is just having solid food in my digestive tract, but part of me keeps screaming, "Here we go again! Back to fatty land! Man you suck!"

Argh. Its tough, being able to eat again, especially since I'm oh-so-hungry. I have a teeny bit of restriction-- I notice, for example, that "golf ball" feeling I've read about when I take bites that are too large or if I don't chew each bite well enough. However, I am able to eat basically my regular amount if I chew alot, take smaller bites, and eat slowly in general.

I've also been freed to be able to run again, but I haven't yet. I spent a long weekend at my future in-laws last weekend, and since I have gotten back, I have been swamped at work, and swamped with wedding planning. I hate to be a cliche, but it appears that wedding planning is stressful, and it does seem to take up much more of my free time than I thought it would. And I am still in the "trying to pick a place and a date stage!" Frustratingly, I've had so many competing schedules to juggle that I'm not pleased at all with the date I think I'm going to have to go with: March 22, 2008. That gives me just a little over 6 months to lose weight, not to mention its in a "risky" month for an outdoor wedding. Eek.

I am hiding in a conference room to avoid people that are mad at me for not working fast enough. So today I took a 2.5 hour lunch break to go to a special Vera Bradley outlet sale where I got a bunch of cool stuff that my wedding budget is going to be angry about. And now I'll be at work all night to make up for that lunch break. Smart.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Mae,
I miss reading your daily posts although I know you are busy busy with all the plans... how is eating going? What kinds of things are you eating? When do you plan to get a fill?

Sarha

Mae said...

Ick. I hab a code.

I laid out of work sick yesterday. It also happened to be the day that I took my fiancee (!!) to the airport for his next trip. He'll be gone a long time, maybe 4 - 6 weeks, although I never know for sure. I am also sad that he gone.

I have been eating normally. About the only think I have to be careful with is to chew thoroughly and take small bites. Sometimes the bread from sandwiches make me feel all stopped-up, but then it passes.

I haven't been weighing. I'm too scared to find out.