Wednesday, September 5, 2007

back to it: day 15

212.8

Wow, 16.2 lbs gone now. I am feeling better, too. Loads better. I am anxious to start running again and hopeful that my loss will continue, of course at a slower pace, when I do get to start eating solid foods again.

Yesterday I had a milk + chocolate Unjury shake for breakfast (220 cals), 1 cup of broccoli cheese soup at Corner Bakery (310 cals) plus a little bit of the inside of a roll (~100 cals). At supper I had a cup of butternut squash soup (90 cals) and a teensy, half-cup scoop of Breyer's Light Double-Churned vanilla ice cream (100 cals). Total: 820 calories.

Today I've had a milk + chocolate Unjury shake for breakfast (220 cals) and 1 cup of that super delicious baked potato soup (329 cals). I've not planned supper yet, although I do have loads of soups left at home.

All my Dermabond "bandages" have fallen off now. My four small incisions are basically all healed, and I am trying to remember to put Mederma on them daily. My large incision still has a ways to go, but it is definitely on the right track. It is still painful to hard pressure, but I've been feeling it daily and I have found the port (I think). The muscle is still swollen so I have a little "ridge" under there, too.

I have been struggling on and off with nausea. I don't know if its leftover from the surgery, from my still-limited caloric intake, or from consuming soooo much dairy. I have never had true lactose intolerance, though my sister does, but I am also not used to consuming milk daily or even weekly. Generally I have yogurt a couple times a week, or soy milk with cereal, but I've been kicking back lots of cow's milk lately in my shakes, smoothies, and soups. I've also been garnishing soups with reduced-fat sour cream and cheeses.

But, I'm still losing, hurrah!

And I'm busy planning a wedding. God, that seems so weird to say. I am tentatively thinking of early to mid-April, and once I do set a date and get a venue booked, I am going to set a goal weight loss for that date. I am thinking maybe 47 lbs on top of the 16 I've already lost. That would 165, a number I have not seen in many, many years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your engagement and on your 16+ weight loss! I am considering surgery (if I had the money, I would do it in a heartbeat, also waiting for a fill center to open in Maryland). Anyway, thanks for sharing your journey. It is so helpful to me to read real experiences as they happen. Keep up the great work!

JoAnne

Sarah said...

Mae,
Remind me how much weight you have lost since surgery? Is that the weight you are posting or is that since pre-op?
Sarah

Mae said...

I'm posting my total loss since I started the pre-op diet. I lost about 8 lbs in seven days doing the pre-op diet, and have lost about another 8 since. I'm on vacatoin and haven't been weighing myself daily, oh no!

Losing Jusme said...

congratulations on your engagement! the ring is beautiful.

sounds like you are doing very well with your band. keep up the great work!