Wednesday, April 9, 2008

update

I'm not weighing myself anymore, I haven't in about a month. Its kind of hard to believe since its been years since I've gone more than a week without weighing in.

I've been a little tummy-sick since getting back from the honeymoon. Yesterday morning I ran a nice hilly two-mile loop but the last quarter-mile was terrible, because I had nausea and stomach cramps. I thought for sure I was going to vomit (or worse) but somehow I made it home.

This morning I cleaned the kitchen and walked my dog instead of running. My house is a total wreck. My in-laws stayed with us the week preceding the wedding and, well, let's just say there's alot to do in the wake of them, the wedding preparations, and then giant piles of presents and luggage descending immediately after the honeymoon didn't help either. Its so crazy at home that I can hardly stand it, and I am by no means a neat freak.

One strange thing has happened: when I was in New Zealand, the last hotel we stayed at (three days) had a breakfast buffet with locally made, fresh yogurt. It was unsweetened but surprisingly good. Since we got back, I decided to buy a container of my favorite yogurt, Stonyfield's lowfat, and instead of sweetening it with Splenda and vanilla like I normally would, I left it plain. I've been adding to it my normal fresh raspberries and granola (Kashi) and lo and behold-- I don't even miss the sweet!

I had that for breakfast. For lunch, two cups of leftover pasta (gemelli, lowfat alfredo sauce, peas, pancetta) and two cups of watermelon chunks. Now, granted, the watermelon chunks are kinda "wet" but since they weren't juice, I would guess they don't break any band rules. But I totally ate FOUR CUPS of lunch today. With a band at full fill. Seriously. And I will almost certainly be hungry in midafternoon for a snack.

I'm almost back to normal on my sleep schedule, too, which will help some with the appetite. But lord, I don't know if the diahrrea or what, I have been very hungry since I got back from the honeymoon.

No comments: